Proper isolator equipment is necessary to contain the process and reduce exposure risks
Proper isolator equipment is necessary to contain the powder milling process of highly active compounds and reduce operator exposure risks. This is because the milling process produces a fine powder that can be dispersed into the working environment, thereby increasing the operator's exposure risk. Therefore, using an isolator to contain the process accurately is crucial due to the highly potent powder's low exposure level.
Half Suit isolators and Glove Box are the most effective types for containment.
Half Suit isolators allow for ergonomic interaction and visibility of the entire working area. With this isolator, the operator can access the working area protected by half suit. The possibility of being very close to the heavy component of the equipment is significant, especially during the assembling operation and also during the cleaning operation.
Glove Box isolators are better suited for small R&D milling equipment. However, proper containment is crucial to ensure a safe and effective milling process for highly potent powders.
How it works
Milling in isolators under containment
Proper isolator equipment is necessary to contain the process and reduce operator exposure risks. Glove Box and Half Suit isolators are the most effective types for containment available.
- Isolators with a performance of < 25 ng/m3
- Glove Box
- Half Suit Box
The importance of a good containment
Half-suit and Glove Box isolators provide excellent containment levels.
- Protection of material and personnel
- Half-suit isolators allow for ergonomic interaction with the milling process
- Glove Box isolators are suitable for small R&D milling equipment
Range of Application
- Processability up to Band 5 APIs
- Cytotoxic and Cytostatic substances
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Oral dosage form transdermal drug delivery
- Transdermal drug delivery
- Oncological solid dosage form
- New Chemical Entities, R & D